Talk proposal: Call a getter faster with reflection, MethodHandles or LamdbaMetaFactory (plain text version)

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:31:34 CET 2018

[My apologies for the duplication, the first mail when out in html
instead of as plain text]

Hi all,

I'd like to submit this talk for fosdem 2019:

Title: Call a getter faster with reflection, MethodHandles or
LamdbaMetaFactory

Abstract:

What is the fastest way to read a getter from a Java class without
knowing the class at compilation time? Java frameworks often do this. A
lot. And it can directly influence their performance. So I’ve
benchmarked different approaches, such as reflection, method handles,
LamdbaMetaFactory and code generation. Recently I updated them for JDK 11.

Especially MethodHandles have an interesting catch 22 situation, which
I'll explain during the presentation.

Brief bio: Lead of OptaPlanner, the open source constraint solver in
Java Microblog URL: https://twitter.com/GeoffreyDeSmet Blog URL:
https://www.optaplanner.org/blog/

--

With kind regards,