OpenJDK Committers’ Workshop, 4 February 2019

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Mon Jan 28 20:02:20 CET 2019

OpenJDK Committers and other regular contributors traditionally meet each
February, in the Free Java dev room at FOSDEM in Brussels.  The Free Java
room runs for just one day, however, so there’s not a lot of time for the
focused discussions amongst OpenJDK contributors that many of us enjoyed
at the first Workshop in Santa Clara, California last August.

We therefore plan to hold a one-day OpenJDK Committers’ Workshop on
Monday, 4 February, the day after FOSDEM.  We’ll run the entire day as
an unconference, with plenty of time to discuss both technical and
community issues.

The Workshop will take place at Oracle’s Belgium office, Medialaan 50/A,
1800 Vilvoorde, Belgium.  Vilvoorde is about 6 miles (10 km) from
central Brussels, and reachable from there by both car and mass transit.

We’ll start at 10am and finish by 6pm.  Food will not be provided, but
there are restaurants nearby for lunch.

There will be no fee to attend but space will be limited, due to the size
of the venue, so we ask that you register in advance.  As at the first
Workshop, preference will be given to Committers with a strong record of
past contributions, though some space will be made for new Committers who
have a strong potential for ongoing future contributions.

If you’d like to attend, please send a short e-mail message to

  workshop-reg at openjdk.java.net

with a brief summary of your past contributions in the OpenJDK Community
and also your full name, employer (if any), and mobile phone number.
This information will be used for registration purposes only and will not
be shared outside of Oracle.  We’ll try to reply to each request within
48 hours.

For further information: https://openjdk.java.net/workshop

- Mark