Talk Proposal: G1: To infinity and beyond

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Fri Nov 29 13:29:11 CET 2019

Title: G1: To infinity and beyond

Abstract: G1 has been around for quite some time now and since JDK 9 it
is the default garbage collector in OpenJDK. The community working on G1
is quite big and the contributions over the last few years have made a
significant impact on the overall performance. This talk will focus on
some of these features and how they have improved G1 in various ways. We
will also take a brief look at what features we have lined up for the
future.

Recording: That's ok.

Brief Bio: Stefan is a developer working for the HotSpot GC-team at
Oracle. He joined the GC-team 6 years ago and has been active in OpenJDK
since then. Prior to working directly in the JVM he worked on other JVM
related projects at Oracle/Bea since 2006.

Microblog: https://twitter.com/kstefanj/

Thanks,
Stefan