[Microkernel-devroom] FYI: Fwd: Re: Questions regarding the Multiserver, microkernel operating systems devroom

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Wed Nov 30 21:34:44 CET 2011

Hi Jakub,

> On the other hand, I can foresee some problems related to this:
> - you'd need to bring more people from each project to man their part
>   of the corner
> - the people taking care of the corner per project would be unable to
>   pay attention to whatever goes on elsewhere in the devroom, which
>   would be kind of contraproductive given the intended goals of the
>   devroom
> - the activity in the corner could be potentially disturbing to the
>   main activity taking place in the devroom

I see your concerns. It was not my intention to over-formalize the
demo-corner idea, just to have something tangible for people who come by
and check out the room. Maybe we could simply adopt ourself to the
situation once we are there. It certainly won't hurt to have something
prepared to demonstrate. We can decide about the best way to present it
(or not to present it) on site then.

> Note that there is a possibility to apply for a stand, which, I believe,
> is more suitable for this kind of activity.

I agree that we should not turn the dev room into an exhibition. :-)

The role of the public in the room (and whether and how to specifically
address it or not) is still not clear, or is it?

Cheers
Norman