[Microkernel-devroom] [Talk-Proposal] Rathaxes - A DSL for device driver development, why and how?

Louis Opter kalessin at kalessin.fr
Fri Dec 7 09:30:08 CET 2012

Hello,

Our turn to check in!

First things first:

- title of your talk: A DSL for device driver development, why and how?
- your full name: Rathaxes;
- duration of your talk: 30 minutes, without questions.

Our abstract:

Device drivers are notoriously known to be a critical and prominent part
of modern operating systems. We will draw up a summary of the current
state of the art in device driver development: tools, methodologies and
approaches which try to mitigate the problem. Then, we will present our
take on it: a domain specific language with its own aspect-oriented
programming paradigm, and its compiler, Rathaxes. We will show you
interesting details of an implementation, in the Rathaxes DSL, of the
e1000 ethernet driver for Linux. We will conclude with how Rathaxes fits
into the current state of the art, our vision, and next steps.

And that's it! If you have any question, please let me know. We are also
hanging out on freenode in the #rathaxes channel.

Our homepage is: http://www.rathaxes.org/.

Best

--
Louis Opter