CfP: FOSDEM 2021 - Microkernel Devroom

Martin Decky martin at decky.cz
Sun Dec 27 21:52:44 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I am sad to report that there are currently only 4 submissions to the
Microkernel Devroom visible in Pentabarf. It looks like we will have a
mini-devroom this time :(

If you have submitted a talk to the devroom, please double-check that
you have selected the Microkernel Devroom as the track you are
submitting to. I will go through all the submissions to all FOSDEM
tracks to make sure there are no stray talks, but I might easily miss one.

If you have any other trouble or doubt, do not hesitate to approach me
directly.

All of those 4 submissions that have the proper track set have been
already accepted, thus you know when you are safe.

I surely understand that 2021's FOSDEM will be quite different than all
the previous instances and for many of you a virtual-only conference
might just lack the appeal. Plus there is this weird time frame and the
requirement for pre-recorded talks.

Despite that, I still strongly encourage you to give it a try and
prepare a talk anyway. It can be a mere status report or even a tutorial
talk. I would be personally very much interested in, for example, how is
the COVID-19 situation affecting the various development teams and
companies.

I am willing to review talks even now after the official deadline (and
until the FOSDEM organizers still allow to update the schedule), in case
you simply did not find the time so far.

Best regards

Martin Decky