FOSDEM talk recordings reminder

Martin Decky martin at decky.cz
Wed Jan 19 14:47:12 UTC 2022

Dear speakers,

this is a kind reminder that the hard deadline for submitting your talk
recordings to the Microkernel and Component-based OS Devroom at FOSDEM
2022 is approaching quickly.

The hard deadline is this Friday January 21st 2022.

Please note that it might be seriously complicated, maybe even
impossible, to submit your recording after the deadline (and there is
little we can do about this on the devroom level, this is set by the
FOSDEM organizers). Please also note that there will be no possibility
to just present your talk live.

If you are really in some kind of trouble, try to upload at least a
rough draft recording to Pentabarf before the deadline. That might
hopefully allow you to reupload a better second version later. But
please understand that the video processing queue might not finish
processing your reupload in time (this is precisely the reason why the
deadline is set so early). There is really no guarantee that this "hack"
will work and we only suggest this as a last resort solution.

For those who have already submitted their video: Thank you! We are
reviewing and approving the videos regularly.

Best regards

Martin Decky