FOSDEM 2024 devroom

Martin Decky martin at decky.cz
Fri Oct 13 08:52:36 UTC 2023

Dear all,

since the deadline for the devroom proposals for FOSDEM 2024 is
approaching very quickly (October 16th) [1], I would like to ask if
there is anyone who would want to propose and organize our traditional
microkernel (+ friends) devroom.

If you have (had) any such plans, please let me know by the end of
October 14th (this Saturday!) by latest. In case there is no volunteer,
then I will personally propose and organize the devroom.

FYI: Razvan Deaconescu, who organized the devroom this year, already
volunteered. I would certainly like to thank him for his organization
this year and for his initiative. But I believe we should also keep our
tradition of the "rotating presidency" of the devroom.

Therefore I strongly encourage other members of our operating systems
community to step up in order to support the diversity of the devroom.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2024/news/2023-09-29-devrooms-cfp/

Best regards

Martin Decky