[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] WorldForge talk proposal

Alistair Riddoch alriddoch at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:19:17 CET 2011

On 19 December 2011 23:12, Nils Kneuper <crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 19.12.2011 23:26, schrieb Alistair Riddoch:
>> Biography:
>>
>> Alistair began programming Open Source games in 1999 after a brief career
>> on the lunatic fringe of kernel hacking. Inspired primarily by the Ultima
>> series and burning belief that all things are made better if they are
>> network enabled he joined WorldForge in 2000 to help build something that
>> the emerging massively multiplayer online games industry had not yet
>> provided. More than 10 years later, after half a dozen career changes with
>> a determination to steer clear of the mainstream games industry, he is
>> still hacking away on the same code he started working on in his first
>> year. Networking, middleware and primarily When not working on WorldForge
>> he wrangles production services at Google in the Site Reliability team and
>> dreams of one day owning a cat.
>
> You stopped a sentence in the middle (middleware and primarily). Is this just
> a leftover or is some (small) correction required?

Oops, sorry. I was hurrying to get it in rather than sending last minute.

The sentence should read: "Networking, middleware and primarily server
software have been his main focus while at WorldForge".

I have no particular request for the scheduled time, and would aim to
speak for 45 minutes or so, and try and get some discussion. I am
however quite happy to accept a shorter slot if it means more projects
get to talk. It has been heartening to see proposals flowing in even
though we are 4 days from the deadline. I had assumed many people
would be truly last minute.

Al
--
Alistair Riddoch