[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Session request OpenPandora

Michael Mrozek EvilDragon at openpandora.org
Fri Dec 23 16:58:56 CET 2011

Hi,

as the deadline for a request is approaching and we got working
prototypes of the Pandora yesterday from the German factory, it's time
send a mail here :D

Name: Michael Mrozek

Project: OpenPandora (Pandora handheld)

Short Bio: 34 years old, from Ingolstadt, Germany.
Supporting OpenSource gaming handhelds for years in Germany, making
them easy to buy via my shop (GP2X Shop).
Started to develop the Pandora gaming handhelds together with some
other guys and a large community backing us. Now in charge of the
production of the Pandora.

Session Title: Pandora - a mobile Linux computer including gaming
controls. A short introduction and explanation of its long history and
development.

Abstract:
The Pandora is a handheld produced to run Linux. It's not only a gaming
device (it features gaming controls), but basically a full Mini-Linux
PC the size of a Nintendo DS.
It has come a long ways and many many issues occured during the
production.
The mass production will finally start in Germany in February, making
it easily available for everyone.
I plan on giving a small introduction to those who don't know what the
Pandora is, explaining a bit about the history and the community behind
it as well as showing what it can do.

Desired Duration:
Nothing fixed here, I can talk about it for 55 minutes or also for 25
minutes.
Whatever fits you best :)

Desired timeslot:
Nothing special here as well.
Saturday afternoon or sometimes on Sunday would be fine with me.

Thanks a lot and merry christmas :)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Mrozek