[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] "Call for Speakers" draft

Arthur Huillet ahuillet at freedroid.org
Fri Nov 18 18:23:48 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:45:22 +0100
Nils Kneuper <crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Have you given any thought to sound+video recording? I can provide a
> > not-so-good webcam... :/
>
> I don't have any equipment for recording things so I have not given it any
> thought so far. Do you know if the people from fosdem possibly allow hosting
> the content on their site if we manage to somehow record something?

We'd have to ask them to be sure. What I know is that X.org hosts its devroom
videos on Freedesktop servers. Luc Verhaegen is in Cc - he's been organizing
the X.org devroom for the past Y years and might have some experience he would
be willing to share.
Recording is difficult to do but it's also useful...

> > I don't remember what the specific room looks like but I think there may be
> > a need to provide power plugs to the seats so that people can plug their
> > laptops. I don't think FOSDEM covers that part.
>
> The room is likely to be a lecture room with fixed tables and no power
> supplies. In the previous years we (Wesnoth folks) have usually brought
> several multi outlets so that there would be some power supplies in the
> hacking room that we could use. It is unlikely that we will be able to provide
> an outlet for everybody in the room, so yeah, it makes sense to bring some
> multi outlets yourself if you come by car and can pack them, just to be on the
> safe side.

I suggest you bring this up with FOSDEM organizers as well. They've got
experience with all of this, and we all want the first games devroom to be a
huge success. :)

--
Greetings,
A. Huillet