[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Initial schedule for the open source gamedev devroom at FOSDEM2013

Nils Kneuper crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net
Tue Jan 1 12:52:53 CET 2013

Hi everybody!
Sorry that it took me significantly longer to come up with a (hopefully
decent) schedule for the open source gamedev devroom. When you are looking
through the list of talks you will probably notice two extra talks in addition
to the proposals sent to this list. For the first one I talked to EvilDragon
about giving another speech about the Pandora since this one was a really huge
success last year. He mentioned that he is fine doing this in case he will
have a stall at FOSDEM (he does not know if this was accepted yet). This is
why I put his talk to the beginning so that in case that he won't be there,
there will at least be no larger gap somewhere in the middle.

Besides I added a slot at the end where we can discuss open source gamedev in
a whole group. In case noone wants to talk then, the day will just end
earlier. This is also a good opportunity to continue discussions which had to
be cut off short before due to timeconstraints.

And here is the current list, please make sure to voice any concerns as soon
as possible (also attached as pdf doc!):

09:30 - 10:30
  Michael Mrozek
  Pandora - a mobile Linux computer including gaming controls. A short
introduction and explanation of its long history and development.

10:40 - 11:40
  Thomas Kinnen
  Continuous Integration and Testing in Games

11:50 - 12:50
  Nils Kneuper
  Community based translations of games - why babelfish ain't enough

13:00 - 13:30
  Shreya Pandit
  The Gluon Project Update

13:40 - 14:40
  Jérémy Rosen
  An introduction to the Wesnoth animation engine

14:50 - 15:50
  Ludwig Nussel
  Explaining the Quake 3 virtual machine

16:00 - 17:00
  (moderated by) Nils Kneuper
  Open source gaming discussions among all people in the room, possible
topics: „Is there a way to coordinate better?“ „Can we make it easier for
possible contributors (not only coders!) to get involved?“ ...

I hope everyone is fine with this schedule. In case a timeslot does not work
for you, please tell me immediately about this so that I can still implement
changes. Please also make sure to notify me in case you can not hold your talk.
Looking forward to seeing each of you in the games devroom at FOSDEM 2013.
Cheers,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic

PS: In case you are reciving this mail twice: you are an accepted speaker and
also subscribed to the open-source-gamedev mailing list...