[Security-devroom] Talk submission : SSH Libraries

Aris Adamantiadis aris.adamantiadis at belnet.be
Fri Dec 17 17:39:21 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm sorry I did not follow the procedure for the submission of talks. I
already put a brief description of the talk on the wiki [1] but give the
official submission now.

Affiliation:

libssh project, BELNET

Bio:
I'm lead of the libssh project [2], started in 2003. I work at BELNET
(Belgian Research and Education Network) as technical advisor.

Talk duration: 30 minutes (20 + 5 + 5). Can do less if that's absolutely
needed.

Talk: SSH libraries - what they can do for you.

Since 2003, a few libraries that implement the SSH protocol are around.
However, SSL and TLS are very popular protocols. Why would one use SSH
for secure connection ?

We will present the differences between SSH and TLS, as well as an
overview of the different SSH libraries. We will then focus on libssh
and give the status of the project, the achievements, and its future.

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/FOSDEM2011
[2] http://www.libssh.org

-- =

Aris Adamantiadis