[security-devroom] [FOSDEM] Smartcard workshop at FOSDEM 2012

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Tue Jan 31 12:17:37 CET 2012

Le mardi 31 janvier 2012 à 11:50 +0100, Wouter Simons a écrit :
> on a personal note :)
> is there any oportunity to register for this work-shop or is it first
> come first served ?

You are right.

Last year, we donated 100 smartcards at FOSDEM. People rushed in the
room and some left immediately. As a result 50% of the audience had no
smartcard.

To avoid this situation, there are 3 different situations:

1) You may register online for a free ePass2003:
http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-epass-2003-free-software-developer-kit

Indicate "FOSDEM 2012" during checkout. Give your real name and address
as a normal checkout. You only need to pick-up your token at FOSDEM, on
first day (Saturday) or second day (Sunday) in the dev romm. I will be
sitting in front of the room with OpenSC hackers.

50 ePass2003 will be reserved this way.
First in, first served.

2) You may receive a free ePass2003 during the smartcard workshop.

50 additional ePass2003 will be available for the smartcard workshop
audience. You will have to register writing your name on a paper. We wan
to avoid people picking-up the ePass2003 and leaving immediately. So
that the audience can hack around the ePass2003 during the workshop.

3) Free software kits

If you are taking part in a free software project and would like to
implement security features around hardware tokens, GOOZE ***always***
donates the epass2003.

Just register on this page and we will ship to your address:
http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-epass-2003-free-software-developer-kit

Make a full description of your token. We always verify information,
even looking at source code before shipping a free token. This usually
takes 24/48 hours before your order is validated or rejected.

The reason why we donate the ePass2003 to free software communities is
that until recently tokens were very expensive and exotic hardware.
Donating a token is a first step before people discover this
***proven*** technology.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,