FOSDEM videos status

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Mon Feb 9 11:48:07 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 10:36 +0100, Thomas Calderon wrote:
> I wanted to know if you had a chance to get some feedback regarding the
> FOSDEM videos.
> For the initial two first talks it seems the setup was not operational.
> When I took the floor at 10am, we made some adjustments to try make it work
> but I am unsure about what worked and what didn't.
>
> Do you guys have hear about the people in charge of recording ?

I didn't hear about the official fosdem recording yet.

I checked the streaming of the room in the very late afternoon, and it
seemed the video wasn't right, I didn't see the slides. But the sound
semeed ok. Let's hope that Fosdem staff will be able to provide audio
recordings at least.

However, I recorded the first two security room talks using my camera
(from Nikos and Giorgos).

I had also recorded Habib's afternoon talk, but I was too far away him,
Habib spoke with a low voice, and because we didn't have the microphone
on the room speakers, the audio isn't good on my recording. I tried to
amplify it, but there's noise, and noises and voices closer to the
camera might put you into shock while listening.

Furthermore I had recorded Tim Taubert's introduction to WebCrypto.

I just uploaded the above 4 talks here:
http://kuix.de/fosdem2015/security-talks/

Kai