[wikis-devroom] Initial list of accepted sessions

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 23 23:48:53 CET 2013

Hi, we have a  you have the list of sessions accepted for the Wikis
devroom at FOSDEM.

Speakers must confirm their participation and polish the descriptions of
the sessions. In some cases we will contact the speakers to fine tune
the topic or the time available for their session. We will schedule the
sessions as they are confirmed. All in a very wiki fashion, only on a
tool (FOSDEM's Pentabarf) that we don't control quite yet.

We will also start a discussion in this list to organize a panel
session. Your feedback about this panel and your ideas to improve the
schedule are welcome.

SESSIONS

* A comparison between MediaWiki, TWiki and XWiki communities
Using metrics to measure communities

* A web development runtime platform based on the wiki paradigm

* Addressing the long tail of applications

* Counting (on) views — Page views on Wikipedia

* Coverage for basic language support components -- A Dashboard view

* Crowdsourced translation using MediaWiki

* Developing the XWiki software

* Force Multiplication
Victory through external tool writing

* Hatta Wiki
A Mercurial-based wiki engine

* show.tiki.org project: facilitate bug reporting and solving
The new Tiki infrastructure for facilitating bug reporting and solving

* Useful and Necessary Mediawiki Gadgets

* VisualEditor
Wikipedia's new editing system for wikis and for the web

* Wikidata
What we learned in its first 2 years and what is in store for the future

--
Quim Gil - Vincent Massol - Jean-Marc Libs