Hi Douglas! With Richard's permission, I am moving this thread to the distributions-devroom@ mailing list so all our devroom stakeholders can be on the same page. For any unaware readers, Ubuntu and openSUSE did not receive a booth at FOSDEM this year, and I offered to make space in our devroom for Ubuntu and openSUSE to "set up shop" with the usual swag and goodies they would bring to FOSDEM. I figure this might also be a draw for getting more people to the Devroom. 🙂 I suspect most of this will be figured out on-site, once we know the day of the devroom, what room we are in, and what extra space we have available (e.g. any free tables). In 2023, we had a large table in the front of the room that we opened up for any swag people wanted to share with attendees. I suspect we could likely find a table to drag over to the side of the room for people to lay out their swag. As for beer, I am not sure if there are special rules or not for the classrooms that the FOSDEM organizers usually put us in, but I will forward this to the devroom-organizers@ mailing list and see if beer in the Devroom is on the table or not (see what I did there?). Looking forward to having our Ubuntu and openSUSE comrades-in-Linux together in February! On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 6:55 AM Douglas DeMaio <Douglas.DeMaio@suse.com> wrote:
Hi Justin and Richard, Philipp and I are in contact. Thank you for the offer of letting us have a spot in the devroom. We'll plan on bringing some swag along and we're synced. Please let us know if there is anything you need from us. As a side note, should I or should I not bring some beer? v/r Doug
-- *Cheers*, *Justin W. Flory* (*he/him*) || 📧 jwf@redhat.com || 🔗 jwf.io *Fedora* Community Architect TZ=America/New_York (UTC-4) 🕗 *Upcoming PTO: 23 November to 14 December* While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.