Hello, Have you tried MegaVideo ( http://megavideo.com ) ? There is a 500MB per-video limit but I think it only applies to downloads, not uploads. On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:
Am 18.01.2010 um 12:00 schrieb fosdem-request@lists.fosdem.org:
Message: 2 Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:20:44 +0100 From: Christophe Vandeplas <cvandeplas@fosdem.org> Subject: Re: [FOSDEM] video tracks/ main tracks To: FOSDEM visitors <fosdem@lists.fosdem.org> Message-ID: <2e08ab001001170520v32542512y7e8dea25359ea213@mail.gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:42 PM, samuel desseaux <sam1975@free.fr> wrote:
I'm going to take part to the next fosdem and i 'd like to know if it is possible to film tracks/ main tracks or devrooms?
The main tracks and lightning talks are going to be recorded by the FOSDEM organisation.
Some devrooms organise their own recordings.
Finally we publish all the videos at http://video.fosdem.org and on youtube.com/fosdemtalks
I finally finished editing the recordings from last years GNUstep developers room. I've got 10 videos, about 40 to 60 minutes each. That results in file sizes ranging from 670MB to 1,39GB (all videos together amount to 9,04GB and are in H.264 format in a .mov container).
And this is where my problems start: I wanted to upload them onto some online video portal. Youtube is no option since it limits the length of uploaded video to 10 minutes for average users (there are longer videos on youtube - I just don't know what to do to upload longer videos). Another option would have been vimeo. Now here a file size limit kicks in, you get only 500MB per week as a free user - this is less than the size of a single video I've got.
So now my question:
Would it be possible to publish my videos on http://video.fosdem.org or send them to you so you can upload them to youtube (I guess your account hasn't the 10 minutes limitation)?
Otherwise I'd have to bite the bullet and buy a vimeo plus account for $60 a year.
Thanks,
Lars _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
-- Pau Garcia i Quiles http://www.elpauer.org (Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)