Francois, On 4/02/2021 12:50 p.m., Francois Cartegnie wrote:
We'll have virtual booths/stands. Good. Seems we might also have virtual Beer Event. Good.
Because that's also part of FOSDEM fun: Maybe we can set up one Jitsi room for queuing together remotely for food. (unsure if we also need to simulate rain as it might ruin your rooms)
</joke>
When I send around some mails to promote FOSDEM at work and in the Belgian SDR meeting, I also added a link to a jitsi-meeting as a "virtual visitor cafe". As, of course, a conference like fosdem is as much about the talks, as it is about talking to people you have only seen online that year, .. or a random talk with whoever who happens to stand in front or after you in the queue of the foodtruck or the coffee-bar. I do have chosen to send the link to not to many people, as in a video-call only one person can speak at the same time. So it does not make sense to have to many people in the chatroom at the same time. In essence, I think it is a good idea, but you have to 'frame' it in the correct format. Kr.