On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:06:16AM +0000, Navare, Manasi D wrote:
Hi Luc,
Thank you so much for accepting my talk at FOSDEM 2019 and providing me an opportunity to present my work in the graphics devroom. However unfortunately Intel Corporation and my organization does not have the travel budget to send me to this conference and have rejected my travel request. Also due to the conflict of interest I am not allowed to ask for funding from Xorg foundation or Linux foundation because Intel actually sponsors them.
I will have to label your talk as CANCELLED in penta, and write: "This talk was cancelled due to intels travel budget policies."
So I am extremely sad to inform you that I wont be able to make it to the conference and you can allocate my slot for the talk ""Display Stream Compression: More pixels, faster, over DisplayPort" Graphics kernel solution to enable 5K@120 and beyond with DSC" to someone else.
No chance, i would have had to have known this, and potentially two other intel employees plight, before the new year. This knowledge would've kept me from reducing all talks to 30 minutes, and would have seen me deny some speakers, speakers which now already got confirmation.
I do hope that I will get another opportunity to present my talk at FOSDEM in the future because by far FOSDEM has been the best open source graphics conference I have ever been to.
This is sadly not going to be likely until intel travel policies change. For 2020, no intel employees talks will be scheduled until i have confirmation that budget has been approved. This effectively means that intel employees will be scheduled after everyone else and will likely no longer fit the 8 hours we have available. Luc Verhaegen.