Hello all, Accommodation-wise, we can offer place in our new office in Diegem. It's not an hotel, and not very close to FOSDEM (the other side of Brussels), but it is warm, we have toilet, a hot shower, free coffee and free drinks. The train connection from Diegem to Brussel Noord runs hourly (and takes 5 minutes). From there on: https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/practical/transportation/ But we might be able to just come and pick you up. We have only one sofa-bed right now, but can try to arrange more mattresses and such if needed. We have very good network connectivity, monitors and projector and such, if people would be interested to continue their hacking sessions in the after-FOSDEM hours. Send me an off-list message if you are interested. Greetings, Jasper -- Jasper Nuyens Managing Director, Linux Belgium http://www.linuxbe.com Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01 Fax: +32 (0)2 747 47 10 GSM: +32 (0)478 978967 On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Sumanth Damarla <damarla.sumanth@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Francisco,
Thanks for your support... :)
Regards Sumanth Damarla.
On Jan 6, 2015 3:44 PM, "Francisco Picolini" <fpicolini@mozilla.com> wrote:
Hi Jeremiah,
First of all, I would like to point out that Mozilla doesn't have a "lot of money", as you may think, and we are trying to accommodate the maximum amount of volunteers to travel to FOSDEM. So please, don't do comments like this without informing yourself first.
Hi Sumanth,
I personally send an email to mozillians mailing list, to Reps general mailing list, other public lists in Mozilla, and a topic in Discourse, that you can see here: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/fosdem-call-for-papers/993 and here: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/fosdem-call-for-volunteers/1285
Explaining the reasons and the restrictions we have for this year. For budgeting issues, we can only cover full travel and accommodation for a certain amount of people, and those people has been already selected about 2 weeks ago.
If you need more information about this, please feel free to contact me by email.
Cheers, Franc.-
El 6/1/15 a las 10:48, Jeremiah Foster escribió:
Hi Sumanth,
I'm surprised that Mozilla is not sponsoring you. They have lots of money.
Regards,
Jeremiah
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:03 AM, Sumanth Damarla <damarla.sumanth@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello guys, This is Sumanth from India. I am very delighted for my lecture to be selected under Security Dev Room in FOSDEM 2015. Since I am a student I cannot afford for traveling and accommodation... :( Its a very precious opportunity for a student. Now I am looking for sponsorship... Could anyone help me out??
I am working for Mozilla Winter of Security (MWoS). Working as Webmaker Super mentor. Contributing for Mozilla Security. Working as Firefox OS App Developer trainer & Open source evangelist. I organize Mozillian events and show path for folks to choose their interest to contribute to Mozillian Community.
I am really passionate about open source projects. I try to contribute to them as much as I can with my current programming skills.
My accepted proposal for FOSDEM: etherpad.mozilla.org/zapfosdem
Mozillian Profile : mozillians.org/en-US/u/sumanth/
Featured as Webmaker Super Mentor in Mozilla Official blog : https://blog.webmaker.org/community-literacies-india
My Blog : http://sumanthmoz.wordpress.com/
My current project Mozilla Wiki page :
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Mentorships/MWoS/2014/OWASP_ZAP_AMF_Suppor...
If anyone can help me out... Mail me personally. Try to reach out soon since I have to apply for VISA asap.
With Warm Regards Sumanth Damarla.
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
-- Francisco Picolini Community Events Manager @mozilla
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem