It took me a few weeks to recover from FOSDEM. I'd like to thank all the volunteers who helped organise another great year. I'd particularly like to say a big thank you to the AV Team volunteers in the H building who kept our mic audio at a usable and hearable level. You are wonderful people and I hope you've managed to get sleep since. Here's to doing it all again next year - minus the novel coronavirus worries. Best wishes to you all, Bernard & Amit (Open Source Design Devroom co-ordinators) On 10/02/2020 12:31, Emanuil Tolev wrote:
Hi all,
Somebody correctly told me that my thank you note misses out a lot of volunteer effort. Devroom organisers in particular put in a lot of effort to essentially run an entire conference within FOSDEM, and each devroom also has its own on-the-weekend volunteers to help do heralding and crowd control. Then there are the speakers at all those devrooms, the main tracks and the lighting talks. Thank you to everyone who puts in their time, sweat and occasional tear to make the event possible - it quite clearly wouldn't be the same without you.
I'm in the team that coordinates volunteer effort for backbone conference tasks, so naturally I focussed there, but I'll be more mindful in the future.
Greetings, Emanuil
-- Bernard Tyers Sane UX Design Twitter: @bernardtyers PGP Key: keybase.io/ei8fdb I work on User-Centred Design, Open Source Software and Privacy.