On 06/12/2021 20:39, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
On 12/6/21 10:41 AM, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
Hi,
Year over year I am watching the procedure for compiling the final list of devrooms and each year I am surprised.
I know each year there are a lot of devroom submissions and a lot of competition. But how is the final list compiled? It would be nice if this process is more open with the community.
I can see there is a devroom for Ada and Dart but no devroom for Rust or C++. There is a devroom for MySQL and MariaDB and no devroom for *all* NoSQL systems combined. Are there no free nosql databases? Were there no devroom submissions for Rust or other emerging programming languages?
We have not received devroom proposals for any of these topics (C++, Rust, NoSQL) this year.
Note that you are more than welcome to submit any talks which are not covered by a devroom to the main tracks and or lightning talks.
A specific and practical suggestion: would the FOSDEM organizers consider publishing a list of all proposals and their rankings each year? This would provide useful transparency metrics and motivation There are already similar initiatives in the academic world, for example, pre-registering research studies and clinical trials. Regards, Daniel -- Debian Developer https://danielpocock.com