Do you understand what you just wrote? On 30 October 2015 at 12:37, Sanel Zukan <sanelz@gmail.com> wrote:
Imifos <imifos@gmail.com> writes:
I'm a bit shocked by the pattern here… All resistance against the idea of a Code of Conduct is formulated by mockery, disrespect and/or sarcasm.
Because the idea of a Code of Conduct on a conference like FOSDEM (where we preach free software _like free speech_) is not only ridiculous, but abysmal. Beside, no one gave you sarcastic response, but realistic - it is up to you how will decipher it.
My 2c.
On 30 October 2015 at 11:25, Christophe Vandeplas < christophe@vandeplas.com> wrote:
It's funny how some subjects become a repeatable story a few months before FOSDEM .
I've spend many years into organising FOSDEM, and I must say that during this time, I've have learned very interesting things about human behavior.
In the end from what I learned, (but then again I'm not organiser anymore), the best thing will probably be to print the whole Belgian legislation into the FOSDEM Brochure. Fortunately we can exclude the European one, as all EU laws need to be transcribed into local law as I understood.
This Code is definitely more complete than an ad-hoc Code of Conduct written by geeks that are far away from the reality and don't have the experience.
Kind regards Christophe
PS: if the irony is unclear: Let's also publish a FOSDEM driving-rules for the conference ground. I guess that this will definitely clear things out in addition to the Belgian driving rules....
On 29 October 2015 at 23:03, Tom Marble <tmarble@info9.net> wrote:
FOSDEM Organizers:
FOSDEM is a fantastic conference and the only thing I can think of that would make it better is publishing a Code of Conduct:
http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2015/02/01/the-fosdem-conundrum/
https://twitter.com/fosdem/status/561885201383821312
Will the FOSDEM 2016 edition have a CoC?
--Tom
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem