On 12/6/21 11:41 AM, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
Hi,
Year over year I am watching the procedure for compiling the final list of devrooms and each year I am surprised.
I know each year there are a lot of devroom submissions and a lot of competition. But how is the final list compiled? It would be nice if this process is more open with the community.
I can see there is a devroom for Ada and Dart but no devroom for Rust or C++. There is a devroom for MySQL and MariaDB and no devroom for *all* NoSQL systems combined. Are there no free nosql databases? Were there no devroom submissions for Rust or other emerging programming languages?
+1 I am missing the CI/CD devroom and Testing and Automation devroom which have been part of FOSDEM for the last fgew years and I'd like to know why they weren't accepted, especially given that FOSDEM 2022 will be online. Disclaimer: I am a co-host of the T&A devroom. -- Alex