So whenever is there is a "stop, enough!", it is up to all of us to make it a "STOP, it is enough".
Yes, that worked out well in the last 2000 years of human history :) On 30 October 2015 at 10:43, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 10:11:46AM +0100, Imifos wrote:
On 29 October 2015 at 23:03, Tom Marble wrote:
FOSDEM Organizers:
And this writing addresses each member of the FOSDEM community.
FOSDEM is a fantastic conference and the only thing I can think of that would make it better is publishing a Code of Conduct:
http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2015/02/01/the-fosdem-conundrum/
https://twitter.com/fosdem/status/561885201383821312
Will the FOSDEM 2016 edition have a CoC?
Actually, there is more???
We need as well "something" to enforce the CoC, that can handle incidents and that is simply available in case of problems or questions.
As sometimes-volunteer, I think that this should not be the core organisation team (too small, too busy, too stressed) and not the "classic" volunteers since they are just people helping without any knowledge and power to decide.
There is this blog post. Disclaimer: please read with educational acuteness of thought. I post this not to blame, but to give impulses.
Which contains 'not something I wish to make public.'
I stopped reading after 'has yet to own up to a long list of failures.'
Personally, I would be ready to help with this CoC and "on place task force".
Good luck with that.
As in: It is plain stupid to create a _special_ expection handler.
The way to go: Each transmitted "stop, enough!" being recieved as "STOP, it is enough"
So whenever is there is a "stop, enough!", it is up to all of us to make it a "STOP, it is enough".
Do NOT wait for _special persons_, be the "special person".
Groeten Geert Stappers -- Leven en laten leven
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem