Welcome to Brussels, but I do not know if it is still possible for the FOSDEM-2007 within 3 days. The administrative steps are the following : - You need a visa, normally for the country of the main part of your travel, in this case Belgium, but you could go through other countries as well. - I would need more information, as maybe a copy of identity documents or passport with explanations in english, dates of entry and exit in Shengen space at which point, airport or border. - I should go to my city administration and make an official invitation, signing a contract that the Belgian State will have no problem with this travel, particularly no expenses. - You have to go with that certified document to a Belgian embassy or consulate in Russia and ask for a visa. I do not know if a fax would be accepted. - No problem with accomodation. We can invite you a few days at our home, located at 20 minutes from the FOSDEM. I am a user of both Firefox and Konqueror in the scope of a KUBUNTU distribution. Etienne Saliez etienne@saliez.be tel +32 26541759