Dave Neary <dneary@redhat.com> writes:
Hi,
On 10/29/2015 06:03 PM, Tom Marble wrote:
FOSDEM Organizers:
FOSDEM is a fantastic conference and the only thing I can think of that would make it better is publishing a Code of Conduct:
http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2015/02/01/the-fosdem-conundrum/
https://twitter.com/fosdem/status/561885201383821312
Will the FOSDEM 2016 edition have a CoC?
I support the adoption of a code of conduct for FOSDEM.
I do too. FWIW, the one we've been using at LibrePlanet for the last few years, modeled on policies used at several other conferences, has worked well for us: <https://www.libreplanet.org/2016/safe-space-policy/>. It's been well-received by attendees and has given us a clear, consistent way to address some real issues. We haven't seen any of the fears that people sometimes express about such policies materialize. Just my two cents and a data point. :) -john -- John Sullivan | Executive Director, Free Software Foundation GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS Do you use free software? Donate to join the FSF and support freedom at <http://my.fsf.org/join>.