Hello, Some projects already have blank tags, usually at their booths. It's been the case for KDE for years, and IIRC also for Mozilla and others. But yes, I do agree a proper badge is better. I usually bring one from some other conference. On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Jeremy White <jwhite@codeweavers.com> wrote:
<soapbox size="large">
FOSDEM is amazing; the organizers are excellent people.
But it would be even better if there were name tags with affiliation.
Every other great conference I've been to does this; FOSDEM is the sole exception.
And name tags are a source of great joy. They allow people to strike up a conversation with you (as many did this weekend when seeing my WineHQ name tag). They allow you to figure out that the guy next to you in the beer line is a guy who graciously helped you fix a flaw in your patch - and now you can buy him a beer to say thanks!
I know name tags are hard and fiddly. But the reward for doing a fantastic job is being asked to do more <grin>.
Maybe the booklets could have a preprinted punch out name tag?
Maybe each room could have a stash of blank tags by the door with pens, or just have a table in each of the main buildings?
Last year, Benjamin Henrion publicly volunteered to do the work[1], but was silently ignored.
Cheers,
Jeremy
</SOAPBOX>
[1] https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2013-February/001794.html _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
-- Pau Garcia i Quiles http://www.elpauer.org (Due to my workload, I may need 10 days to answer)