On 2010-01-11 11:28:10 (+0100), Thomas Clavier <tom@tcweb.org> wrote:
About keysigning party, i want to propose some ideas : - can we have a long corridor to avoid the last year too cold moment.
We can try. The best defence against the cold is still "being efficient", rather than staying inside, but I'm exploring all possibilities.
- can we have a checkbox on file generated to note if proprietary of key authorize upload of signed key on public key servers ?
Sure. Note however that the "don't upload keys" has shifted more towards the signer than the signee. In previous decades, use of old-style RSA keys and ancient versions of PGP was very prevalent. Signing such a key with a new key, would make it impossible to use in old software. This made signees very grumpy. These days, signers like to use the email round-trip to verify (without extra effort to them) that the email UID actually points to someone in possession of the private key. In other words: I'm not sure how much value this box will add. I guess we'll find out after the event. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. BOFH Excuse #107: The keyboard isn't plugged in