Hi, I recently started using my gpg again - after a year or two of inactivity. I've participated to previous Fosdems key signing parties in previous editions of Fosdem, and it usually ends up in a interesting mess. The best organized one was one where we could print ourselves the complete keyring, that was generated by sending our public keys to a know email address. But This doesn't prevent the work that needs to be done afterwards. One of the annoying parts is when you sign a key and that key is never counter signed. I'd like to propose to use biglumber.com's services to organize the technical part of the key-signing party. I know this means relying on a third party service but I think It would make dealling with the organization of the event way easier. How would this work ? 1) Someone would create a Fosdem 2010 event with a valid date on biglumber.com 2) The event is announced like each year and a link to the biglumber event is given with a End date to add your key to it. 3) People wishing to participate to the event can add their key to the event. 4) People should print the event key list (and use it at the party), before coming to Fosdem and after the End date given in 2. With this most of the technical parts for the organization is solved. In order to add your key to the key ring users need to register on biglumber which some of the attendees might object. But the good news about having to register is that people then can use the biglumber escrow service - meaning that their signature will only be released and updated - only when both person that have signed have uploaded. This part of the process make the aftermath a bit longer but insures that key signing will be symetric. Thoughts, ideas , wdyt ? Ludovic ps, and no I'm not affiliated with biglumbers.com -- http://perso.hirlimann.net/~ludo/blog/ http://flickr.com/photos/lhirlimann