To be honest, I never tried unetbootin. Here however is described how to use an iso-image to install any OS with unetbootin: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/#other I had a lot of success, also on LVM partioned servers with RAID 1, I cloned one dell Pizabox with Centos to another pizza box, with this nifty thingy: http://clonezilla.org/ It was darn flawless and easy. They describe a way to manually put the image on an USB stick, but this may help even better: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install-clonezilla-on-usb/ But I guess you don't have an iso image of windows XP BTW: are you sure you want to use windows XP on Fosdem? Try Ubuntu, imho, the first Linux distro that is really easier in all aspects (install, driver support, multimedia support, etc...) than Windows. Reading that people consider to come with Windows to Fosdem, I believe that there is need for a classic Linux install fest: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Installfest-HOWTO/index.html ... 2010/2/5 David Baines <david_baines@sil.org>
I saw that it runs on windows, but can it make a bootable windows disk? Could you point me to directions for doing that, I tried it yesterday, and it didn't seem to work. I think that the problem may have been to do with having an OEM version of XP.
Very many thanks, David.
Joost Ringoot wrote:
look again, it works also with netbsd and freebsd and (Curse alert!!!)... Windows.
2010/2/5 Andrew Stormont <andyjstormont@googlemail.com>
Unetbookin only works with Linux :\
On 5 February 2010 14:38, Ewald Tienkamp <ewald@tienkamp.nl> wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA512
The following was received from Andrew Stormont, on 02/05/10 14:29:
My CD drive has died on me (been burning CD's all night) and I still need to get an OS installed on my Netbook, for my stall.
If it's just about that install on your netbook, you could use UNetbootin to create a bootable usb-drive: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
Regards, - -- Ewald Tienkamp 06-BEL-EWALD ewald@tienkamp.nl http://ewald.tienkamp.info http://ewald.tienkamp.nl -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)
iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJLbB83AAoJEPQwwUXGQfOMBEEP/1ODuZkm68ig5KUlj5TKsj8r ATIkW75HaP9/LJPVvttQiMXD9Na0ZDuVyw+5O3HYSRXuvNcpurGQkacVEuwl1rgE tT4RUwh2JakezKcS9sMCv0hw16UIRQOcnf9PGNbIx15YJg1/4VZOA+SrtNGk9GQ6 RtSUSP0pv3Y+5Q+AigYC8j5cSQo64bBrrYd0uVfIFU9rz1i8vXsH7EwolM9dlXvx TMmRS1EoipigLywCk8gjpcSnxoHDDjNhLRMIVT68fhEvU8CK6g2tSlxX2Qs/myCI dWeimEqyhlBIG+6Jt9qJ1mWRnln0vTV8w8OkGh4BAXXjLzEtoHynkVb/7m+4rFUF yEn6LNhg69ygyBAY0r/cD6x5uTpzXGoK1LNI1zSx/g/+DlsF6e9Cd5X4wIYb9PDw +jb8j+Mszn12G6Gaq8niccJOiJLb44Cns5lwES0WESjIW9VxeIDYFwjlSdJxu4at qUZbZbhQu1iQz8OpqArzYQKMqjOtmSFj0FUYxF9jdNLRK7HVLHEaOQgxXdhWqJR4 v3Pb8CJPHsfk22GXYAacXhyEziGAcBEaPg595D2D8xaTvrKU8/UWAyyCkoS+jkxY miNSn0cgY7dcdlvomKq9Z1+2y3VBBYHodPwifywiO542I0g/sZZH2I5Uyr9xRCD2 T8yDYhbxA3mYNQqRkwFD =rudT -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
------------------------------
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing listFOSDEM@lists.fosdem.orghttp://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem