I suppose if you really wanted, there are a couple of hotels within 15-25 minutes walking, but there is nothing closer - I've looked in previous years. I was volunteering and knew I wasn't going to be in a state to go eat out after. In the end I just picked a nice and reasonably priced (rather than close to ULB) hotel, and used a taxi app called eCab - it worked very well. So just an openstreetmap or google maps search like https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/hotels+near+Solbosch+Campus,+ULB,+Bruxe... yields a few. Make sure to confirm each hotel's exact distance to the ULB Solbosch campus of course. On 13 December 2016 at 11:54, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@fosdem.org> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:37:39PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 02:52:26PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali Shah wrote:
hotelsA https://fosdem.org/2017/practical/accommodation/ which are near to event ? best for walking distance ..
Brussels has an excellent public transport system.
Most people book accommodation in the centre of the city, as that's where they want to be every evening. There are plenty of hotels with rooms available at reasonable rates at that time of year.
Actually, I believe you'll find that whereas the city center is a fairly touristy region, and that as a result there are quite a number of hotels to be found in the neighbourhood, the same cannot be said for the environment of the Franklin Rooseveltlaan and the Campus Solbosch, and that as a result there are simply not that many hotels in the region of the ULB.
If you really want to stay within walking distance of the ULB, I think your best bet is to use something like couchsurfing or AirBNB.
-- < ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules, and pretty much all of them are just lying to themselves too. -- #debian-devel, OFTC, 2016-02-12 _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem