Sorry for the late answer. As I live in Brussels, I come at FOSDEM, since the first edition, by bike, and never had any problem (I came last year with my Brompton). There are bike racks around on the campus and if I remember correctly there are at least two racks at the entrance of the H building (where the main desk is located). Just take a decent U lock or similar (I use a folding one from Abus). Olivier Samyn. Le vendredi 06 janvier 2012 à 13:35 +0100, Philip Paeps a écrit :
On 2012-01-06 12:18:09 (+0000), Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
I'm considering taking my folding bike with me to Brussels.
You will not be alone.
But I wonder whether there will be anywhere plausible to leave it at the conference venue. It's a Brompton and they're very stealable, so it's not normally a good idea to just lock them up somewhere like you would a normal bike.
We have a cloakroom. You could also just lock it to a traffic sign or a tree just outside the building. I think Sladen did that a couple of years ago when we had no cloakroom. Might have been someone else though.
Unfortunately, the cloakroom is upstairs, but it's only one flight of steps.
Any advice, opinion, information or experiences welcome.
Bring a pump.
- Philip