On 07/06/2017 02:39 PM, Kristoff wrote:
So I am still a bit puzzled on how to see this and how to do this the best. (hence my question here). As the guy who's organized the SDR track for the last few years, I would have appreciated if you had pinged me on this too.
To be clear, it wasn't me who linked the "ham-radio" with the SDR devroom.
I understand the confusion by certain people (after all, both have the name "radio" in it), but -as mentioned- my idea is about the ham-radio related software that is not SDR related: digital-voice, digital-modes, pskmail, mesh-network, radio-over-ip, remote station-control, ...
All but the latter are perfect candidates for an SDR devroom. And the latter would still be totally fine in an SDR devroom.
[...] The reason I queried about this was -as my original mail mentioned- simply to get an idea what would be the requirements to do this, this to determine if it would make sence to talk about this wil certain developers I know.
Let's start there.
As mentioned in my response to Daniel, let's take this discussion offline. Just as an FYI, I start rounding up speakers about the same time I apply for the devroom (i.e. before it's actually accepted) just so people can pencil it into their calendars and we can make sure we really have a good lineup. A good data point you could gather is a list of names and topics that could turn into actual talks. If you could get 5+ people committed to presenting ASAP, that would give a better understanding of what you want in a devroom. Cheers, Martin