Around the time my father died, a speaker gets up to insult my family and I at FOSDEM She uses cat pictures She does not use my name but it is absolutely clear this other speaker is using FOSDEM as a platform to target me personally. The recent outbreak of a Debian/FSFE mob simply confirm that I am one of the targets of the toxic talk. There is a group of people who appear to be in the know, egging her on, aware of the identities of the people this speaker ridicules with her cat pictures. At the outset, she claims she gained these insights into human relations by attending a course run by Sage Sharp. The talk itself claims to be about CoC, therefore, given the way she behaves, she simply proves the CoC is worthless: https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/community_guidelines/ If this woman can stick her finger in my eye at a time of grief while talking about the CoC then it proves the CoC-mania is a complete failure. The behavior of this speaker and her enablers is just so low. Let me put it in perspective: insulting people at a time of grief is one of the lowest things you can do. Fascist regimes would inflict psychological torture involving grief, making people watch as they killed family members. These experiments on volunteers, experiments on grief have no place in our community. If the CoC justifies experiments on grief then the CoC is a total failure. I'd kindly ask what efforts the FOSDEM team will make to mitigate the damage done by the speaker, for example, to add a caption to the video to make it clear this woman's behavior contradicts what she is talking about. Regards, Daniel -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2018 Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 08:41:49 +0100 From: Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> To: Molly de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net> On 22/01/18 02:25, Molly de Blanc wrote:
I mmissed this on the application before! We need 2-5 administrators for the application. Who else wants to be one?
You can use my name temporarily while looking for other people to help you in this role. Google knows me as a previous administrator for Ganglia in GSoC and I've met most of the Google people too. However, I can't officially commit to help with the duties of an administrator right now. Regards, Daniel