Late Arrival to Keysigning Party?
Hello. Anybody minds if I arrive late to the keysigning party, e.g. by about 30 minutes? Is it generally possible? Previously, I was always joining from the beginning, but this time I have my talk overlapping slightly with the beginning of the keysigning party. I do not mind if I get fifty signatures less or so. AFAIK Zimmermann–Sassaman protocol is quite ok for that besides the group check of the hash of the key list file. But, I will be quite convinced that it matches if I do sufficient number of random comparisons with what other people have. Then I should be able to squeeze in the circle and finish the rest of the verification. Hope nobody objects that and I did not overlook any security or other implications. Anton.
Hi Anton, Anton Marchukov wrote:
Anybody minds if I arrive late to the keysigning party, e.g. by about 30 minutes? Is it generally possible?
Yes, it is possible; but not recommended as we will only announce the keysigning process and the hashes of the signature list at the start of the event. When you arrive later, make sure that you find one of the organisers (or enough trusted participants) who can confirm that your own copy matches the official publication. When joining the event later, please do this with minimal disruption to the ongoing keysigning. Everybody has a fixed location in the line of participants to ensure a speedy process - as described on https://fosdem.org/2017/keysigning/. So find where you are supposed to stand and just join the process from that point. Please do not try to jump ahead and gain more signatures by criss-crossing the room. Regards, Johan
participants (2)
-
Anton Marchukov -
Johan van Selst