Help signing GPG keys for the first time
Hello, I'm a keysigning paty newbie and I was'nt able to find a really useful document about this last phase in the net or in the FOSDEM website. I read "When you're back home" chapter in http://ksp.mdcc.cx/ but is not enough clear to me. I extracted list of keyIDs from ksp-fosdem2009.txt, then left only ones to be signed. For example if my own key was: 196 [ ] Fingerprint OK [ ] ID OK pub 1024D/3819854E 2007-02-17 [expires: 2012-02-17] Key fingerprint = BD5C 7C6B 7366 62F4 6B2F 6293 81E7 D586 3819 854E uid Marco Cavallini (KOAN Software) <m.cavallini [AT] koansoftware.com> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I keeped only Key fingerprint lines like this: BD5C 7C6B 7366 62F4 6B2F 6293 81E7 D586 3819 854E I did this for each verified ID. QUESTION 1: is this correct? Then I tested with caff --no-sign --no-export-old --mail no "`cat ksp-test.txt`" It seems working, but before flooding keysigning party with dirty mail, I would get a hint from someone more experienced with this topic. QUESTION 2: In order to send signed keys do I have to set $CONFIG{’mailer-send’} option in .caffrc ? Anybody could share a working .caffrc example ? QUESTION 3: at this point what command do I have to do? Maybe this? caff --no-export-old --mail yes "`cat ksp-test.txt`" Any hint would be greatly appreciated. -- Marco Cavallini
Marco Cavallini [KOAN] wrote:
Hello, I'm a keysigning paty newbie and I was'nt able to find a really useful document about this last phase in the net or in the FOSDEM website.
I read "When you're back home" chapter in http://ksp.mdcc.cx/ but is not enough clear to me.
I extracted list of keyIDs from ksp-fosdem2009.txt, then left only ones to be signed. For example if my own key was:
196 [ ] Fingerprint OK [ ] ID OK pub 1024D/3819854E 2007-02-17 [expires: 2012-02-17] Key fingerprint = BD5C 7C6B 7366 62F4 6B2F 6293 81E7 D586 3819 854E uid Marco Cavallini (KOAN Software) <m.cavallini [AT] koansoftware.com> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keeped only Key fingerprint lines like this:
BD5C 7C6B 7366 62F4 6B2F 6293 81E7 D586 3819 854E
I did this for each verified ID.
QUESTION 1: is this correct?
Then I tested with
caff --no-sign --no-export-old --mail no "`cat ksp-test.txt`"
It seems working, but before flooding keysigning party with dirty mail, I would get a hint from someone more experienced with this topic.
QUESTION 2: In order to send signed keys do I have to set $CONFIG{’mailer-send’} option in .caffrc ? Anybody could share a working .caffrc example ?
QUESTION 3: at this point what command do I have to do? Maybe this?
caff --no-export-old --mail yes "`cat ksp-test.txt`"
Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
-- Marco Cavallini ___
I also subscribe to the Marco's requests, to be sure to do rights things. -- Bruno Friedmann
participants (2)
-
Bruno Friedmann -
Marco Cavallini [KOAN]