"fosdem 2k11" - A film about FOSDEM 2011
Hey guys, I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8 Jakub Szypulka
Hi Jakub, I first wanted to just answer "well done!", however I'll try to explain a little more what I felt while looking at your movie. My first feeling was a a feeling of tension being build, (mainly because of the music) (probably also expecting that because of the permanent chaos during the event) however the movie continued at this slow, calm and restful movement of these moments of FOSDEM. Finally the wish to have the movie go faster completely disappeared, and was even replaced by a feeling of "zen-attitude" and rest. So, I keep my short message: "Well Done ! " I however have two side-questions 1/ may we upload the move on the official FOSDEM YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/fosdemtalks) 2/ may we place the movie on our website on the page : http://fosdem.org/about/fosdem Thanks and keep up the good (and creative) work ! Christophe PS: don't hesitate to contact me out-of-mailinglist On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Jakub Szypulka <cubibubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8
Jakub Szypulka _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
I'll add my comments too. I agree with the stressful/unease tone of the music and I think some blurry effect are a bit too much (maybe that's because they combine with the music in a strange effect?) Looking at the video, I was expecting one of those slow motions to suddenly accelerate and show the real activity with the background noise usual to the FOSDEM. In any case, the video is great and I already tweeted it! Yannick El mié, 09-02-2011 a las 23:40 +0100, Christophe Vandeplas escribió:
Hi Jakub,
I first wanted to just answer "well done!", however I'll try to explain a little more what I felt while looking at your movie.
My first feeling was a a feeling of tension being build, (mainly because of the music) (probably also expecting that because of the permanent chaos during the event) however the movie continued at this slow, calm and restful movement of these moments of FOSDEM. Finally the wish to have the movie go faster completely disappeared, and was even replaced by a feeling of "zen-attitude" and rest.
So, I keep my short message: "Well Done ! "
I however have two side-questions 1/ may we upload the move on the official FOSDEM YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/fosdemtalks) 2/ may we place the movie on our website on the page : http://fosdem.org/about/fosdem
Thanks and keep up the good (and creative) work !
Christophe
PS: don't hesitate to contact me out-of-mailinglist
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Jakub Szypulka <cubibubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8
Jakub Szypulka _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
2011/2/9 Jakub Szypulka <cubibubi@googlemail.com>:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8
Jakub Szypulka _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
Hey Jakub, Awesome video, awesome music I think it perfectly reflex of what fosdems is or at least the more that can be said in 4 mins Under what licences the video is?, I will promote it all my social networks but also want to put it on my blog on my (small and foss friendly)company , yes I use the word company so if is under some non-comercial restriction I can't do so. And before act impulsively as my heart claim, to avoiding misunderstanding I prefer to ask. I was in the Hackable Devices stand and I have only see a very tiny part of this little beauty that FOSDEM is[1], Again bravo :) PD.- Now I will be have some inferiority complex when editing mi video :P -- David Reyes Samblas Martinez http://www.tuxbrain.com Open ultraportable & embedded solutions Ben NanoNote, Arduino, Openmoko Hey, watch out!!! There's a linux in your pocket!!!
Hi Jakub, hi all, Jakub Szypulka <cubibubi@googlemail.com> [09.02.2011 22.35.51 +0100]:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
Good work!
Jakub Szypulka
Karlheinz -- In God we trust. Everybody else we verify using GnuPG! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ /~ Q///~ pub 1024D/AAE6022E 2004-12-07 (;#) FPR 7A39 2F67 8CAE 262E 64FD 8A10 2F95 1508 AAE6 022E /_\ uid Karlheinz Geyer (TUD) <geyerk.fv.tu@nds.tu-darmstadt.de> I I uid Karlheinz Geyer (RBOS) <karlheinz.geyer@lhsystems.com> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 09/02/11 22:35, Jakub Szypulka wrote:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
Is the music available under some CC license ? If so where can I get it ? Ludo -- http://perso.hirlimann.net/~ludo/blog/ http://flickr.com/photos/lhirlimann
On 02/09/2011 10:35 PM, Jakub Szypulka wrote:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8
Jakub Szypulka _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
Thanks so much. Love it ! -- Bruno Friedmann Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch openSUSE Member & Ambassador GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227 irc: tigerfoot
Howdy, Well done :) However could you also make it available in webm or something so I can also watch it on my non-flash-enabled devices ;) Thanks, --Roeland On Wednesday 09 February 2011 22:35:51 Jakub Szypulka wrote:
Hey guys,
I have just completed editing "fosdem 2k11", a film about this years conference. If you like it, please spread the word. All critique and comments are explicitly welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh0lhL_Nx8
Jakub Szypulka _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
I have to agree with the others that it's way too down-tempo. FOSDEM is, quite literally, the busiest and hectic week-end all year, every year. This spirit kinda got lost with the slow-motion and slow cuts. I expected to see a fast-forward or Janson filling up, of people zipping around between rooms between talks, the keysigning, things like that. All in all, I was always waiting for the video to start, to pick up speed. That being said, it's still a nice video. Richard PS: I don't get the MAC address thing at the end. There would be a lot of other metrics that are better suited as a closing statement.
Hi, On Feb/10/2011, Richard Hartmann wrote:
I expected to see a fast-forward or Janson filling up, of people
I was expecting more Janson and other big rooms with everyone in... it's very impressive "photo". But I liked the video! -- Carles Pina i Estany http://pinux.info
participants (10)
-
Bruno Friedmann -
Carles Pina i Estany -
Christophe Vandeplas -
David Reyes Samblas Martinez -
Jakub Szypulka -
Karlheinz Geyer -
Ludovic Hirlimann -
Richard Hartmann -
Roeland Douma -
Yannick Warnier