Laptop video connection testing
Dear organization, Thank you very much for yet again organizing a great FOSDEM. Unfortunately, my Ubuntu laptop refused to share its screen with the video capturing box. So I had to switch to the laptop that was available in the room using only a PDF browser and lacking the presentation software that show the speaker's notes and the next slide. My laptop normally does connect properly to external screens. Perhaps as an improvement for next year, could the main desk in K have an extra video capturing box where speakers can test their laptop's settings before giving a presentation. Having a place to test and troubleshoot will reduce the stress before a presentation and save time in setting up in the room where a presentation is given. I think, this will greatly improve switching speakers in the rooms. Best regards, Pander
Hello Pander,
Perhaps as an improvement for next year, could the main desk in K have an extra video capturing box where speakers can test their laptop's settings before giving a presentation. I will take this comment to the post-conference evaluation for video.
Kind regards, Mark
participants (2)
-
Mark Van den Borre -
Pander