Re: Is it too late to set up a stand? (Philip Paeps)
Could you please avoid replies using some sort of base64 encoded html? I am receiving the list in digest format and all I see from such mails are unreadable (at least for humans like me) base64 blocks like this: Am 04.01.2010 um 21:52 schrieb fosdem-request@lists.fosdem.org:
------------------------------
Message: 2 Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:34:20 +0100 From: Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> Subject: Re: [FOSDEM] Is it too late to set up a stand? To: Andrew Stormont <andyjstormont@googlemail.com> Cc: FOSDEM visitors <fosdem@lists.fosdem.org> Message-ID: <20100104163420.GI8230@rincewind.paeps.cx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
T24gMjAxMC0wMS0wNCAxNzowOToxMiAoKzAxMDApLCBBbmRyZXcgU3Rvcm1vbnQgPGFuZH lqc3Rv cm1vbnRAZ29vZ2xlbWFpbC5jb20+IHdyb3RlOgo +IElzIGl0IHRvbyBsYXRlIHRvIHNldCB1cCBh IHN0YW5kPwoKWWVzLgoKIC0gUGhpbGlwCgotLSAKUGhpbGlwIFBhZXBzICAgICAgICAgIC AgICAg ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgUGxlYXNlIGRvbid0IENjIG1lLCBJIGFtCnBoaWxpcE Bmb3Nk ZW0ub3JnICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICBzdWJzY3JpYmVkIHRvIH RoZSBs aXN0LgoKICBZZXN0ZXJkYXkgaXMgaGlzdG9yeS4KICBUb21vcnJvdyBpcyBhIG15c3Rlcn kuCiAg VG9kYXkgaXMgYSBnaWZ0LgogIFRoYXQncyB3aHkgaXQgaXMgY2FsbGVkICdwcmVzZW50Jy 4KLS0t LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0gbmV4dCBwYXJ0IC0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tCkEgbm9uLXRleHQgYXR0YW NobWVu dCB3YXMgc2NydWJiZWQuLi4KTmFtZTogbm90IGF2YWlsYWJsZQpUeXBlOiBhcHBsaWNhdG lvbi9w Z3Atc2lnbmF0dXJlClNpemU6IDE5NiBieXRlcwpEZXNjOiBub3QgYXZhaWxhYmxlClVybC A6IGh0 dHA6Ly9saXN0cy5mb3NkZW0ub3JnL3BpcGVybWFpbC9mb3NkZW0vYXR0YWNobWVudHMvMj AxMDAx MDQvMjRmMjhiYTUvYXR0YWNobWVudC0wMDAxLnBncAo=
------------------------------
thanks, Lars
On 2010-01-05 00:23:56 (+0100), Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:
Could you please avoid replies using some sort of base64 encoded html? I am receiving the list in digest format and all I see from such mails are unreadable (at least for humans like me) base64 blocks like this:
Bug in mailman, so it doesn't understand PGP/MIME? Or in your agent? It's not HTML. I would be the last person to spew out HTML. This conversation should be unicast (Reply-To: set). But just in case anyone else is seeing unexplained PGP phenomena... - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. BOFH Excuse #436: Daemon escaped from pentagram
Le mar. 05 janv. 2010 à 00:23:56 (+0100), Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf a écrit:
Could you please avoid replies using some sort of base64 encoded html? I am receiving the list in digest format and all I see from such mails are unreadable (at least for humans like me)
I guess it's something on your side because I could read all emails sent so far just fine. Dodji
Op dinsdag 05-01-2010 om 00:23 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf:
I am receiving the list in digest format and all I see from such mails are unreadable (at least for humans like me) base64 blocks
Set your mailman preferences to MIME digests and it won't mangle mails anymore. -- Jan Claeys
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:13:23PM +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
Op dinsdag 05-01-2010 om 00:23 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf:
I am receiving the list in digest format and all I see from such mails are unreadable (at least for humans like me) base64 blocks
Set your mailman preferences to MIME digests and it won't mangle mails anymore.
true -- however, the archives do still list the base64 blocks. Long live mailman (not) -- The biometric identification system at the gates of the CIA headquarters works because there's a guard with a large gun making sure no one is trying to fool the system. http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/01/biometrics.html
Op dinsdag 19-01-2010 om 12:22 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Wouter Verhelst:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:13:23PM +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
Set your mailman preferences to MIME digests and it won't mangle mails anymore.
true -- however, the archives do still list the base64 blocks. Long live mailman (not)
AFAIK the archives are not really part of mailman; even if there is a default HTML archive tool for mailman, you can use whatever you want instead of it--some even manage to use one that's worse (SourceForge, we don't look at you ;) ). -- Jan Claeys
participants (5)
-
Dodji Seketeli -
Jan Claeys -
Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf -
Philip Paeps -
Wouter Verhelst