I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463 May be, a good way to promote the event. So, share it !
2010/1/19 Mathieu Laurent <mathieu.laurent@gmail.com>:
I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463
May be, a good way to promote the event.
So, share it !
The good thing about facebook events is there are many to choose from. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=185914202686 -- Frank Van Damme I think I've got the hang of it now: exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, stop, end, F3, ~., ^]c, +++ ATH, disconnect, halt, abort, hangup, PF4, F20, ^X^X, :D::D, KJOB, F14-f-e, F8-e, kill -1 $$, shutdown, init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... ... "Are you sure?" ... YES ... Phew ... I'm out
On 19/01/10 23:54, Mathieu Laurent wrote:
I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463
May be, a good way to promote the event.
So, share it ! I find upcoming way more practical, and you can share it too, you have groups, rss etc .... Fosdem on upcoming is at http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/3083550
Ludo -- http://perso.hirlimann.net/~ludo/blog/ http://flickr.com/photos/lhirlimann
On 19.01.2010 23:54, Mathieu Laurent wrote:
I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463
May be, a good way to promote the event.
Hm, you really use facebook any more? Even to promote an FREE software event? http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10431741-71.html Greetz, Florian
Dear Florian, The FOSDEM conference is a place where people are brought together to create and talk about magnificent software. It is however not a place for politics. Thanks Christophe On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Florian Schießl <fosdem@floschi.info> wrote:
On 19.01.2010 23:54, Mathieu Laurent wrote:
I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463
May be, a good way to promote the event.
Hm, you really use facebook any more? Even to promote an FREE software event?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10431741-71.html
Greetz,
Florian _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
Dear Florian,
The FOSDEM conference is a place where people are brought together to create and talk about magnificent software.
It is however not a place for politics.
what about philosophy? when we gather to talk about magnificent software, is it a place to talk about the philosophy behind the magnificent software too? just curious cheers Boriss
Thanks
Christophe
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Florian Schießl <fosdem@floschi.info> wrote:
On 19.01.2010 23:54, Mathieu Laurent wrote:
I found this event on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=415398710463
May be, a good way to promote the event. Hm, you really use facebook any more? Even to promote an FREE software event?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10431741-71.html
Greetz,
Florian _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
On 2010-01-21 00:44:08 (+0100), Boriss Mejias <boris.mejias@uclouvain.be> wrote:
Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
Dear Florian,
The FOSDEM conference is a place where people are brought together to create and talk about magnificent software.
It is however not a place for politics.
what about philosophy? when we gather to talk about magnificent software, is it a place to talk about the philosophy behind the magnificent software too? just curious
FOSDEM aims to be a technical conference. We want to enable developers of open source software to colaborate. For people wanting to discuss philosophy, we organize a beer event on Friday evening before the conference. The purpose of this mailing list is to provide information and guidance to people interested in attending FOSDEM. We have learned (at length) that discussions about philosophy and other fuzzy topics on mailing lists get very very long and add zero value to people who are interested in attending FOSDEM. Save it for the beer event. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list.
Hey Philip, You are not suggesting that philosophic discussions go better when you had a couple beers... are you? :-) I hope the Inbev strikes are over by then,... however the beers that are not brewn by Inbev are the more interesting ones.... hmm similarities with the software world... Interesting discussions about "free" as in "free beer" or in "free software" will develop, I am sure. :-) On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 2010-01-21 00:44:08 (+0100), Boriss Mejias <boris.mejias@uclouvain.be> wrote:
Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
Dear Florian,
The FOSDEM conference is a place where people are brought together to create and talk about magnificent software.
It is however not a place for politics.
what about philosophy? when we gather to talk about magnificent software, is it a place to talk about the philosophy behind the magnificent software too? just curious
FOSDEM aims to be a technical conference. We want to enable developers of open source software to colaborate. For people wanting to discuss philosophy, we organize a beer event on Friday evening before the conference.
The purpose of this mailing list is to provide information and guidance to people interested in attending FOSDEM.
We have learned (at length) that discussions about philosophy and other fuzzy topics on mailing lists get very very long and add zero value to people who are interested in attending FOSDEM.
Save it for the beer event.
- Philip
-- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
On 2010-01-21 10:52:19 (+0000), Joost Ringoot <joost@ringoot.org> wrote:
You are not suggesting that philosophic discussions go better when you had a couple beers... are you? :-)
I am suggesting that without a couple of beers, some of us find it very hard to put up with people who like to have philosophical discussions.
I hope the Inbev strikes are over by then,... however the beers that are not brewn by Inbev are the more interesting ones.... hmm similarities with the software world...
Delirium Café has real beers on tap. Not having access to the swill brewed by InBev is not something that keeps me awake at night. I wouldn't worry about.
Interesting discussions about "free" as in "free beer" or in "free software" will develop, I am sure. :-)
No doubt. I hope to be comfortably numb by the time that happens. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes clear to the bone.
Philip Paeps wrote:
On 2010-01-21 00:44:08 (+0100), Boriss Mejias <boris.mejias@uclouvain.be> wrote:
Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
Dear Florian,
The FOSDEM conference is a place where people are brought together to create and talk about magnificent software.
It is however not a place for politics. what about philosophy? when we gather to talk about magnificent software, is it a place to talk about the philosophy behind the magnificent software too? just curious
FOSDEM aims to be a technical conference. We want to enable developers of open source software to colaborate. For people wanting to discuss philosophy, we organize a beer event on Friday evening before the conference.
Hi Philip, I like FOSDEM being a technical conference, and hopefully it will remain having that goal. I'm not trying to change that.
The purpose of this mailing list is to provide information and guidance to people interested in attending FOSDEM.
We have learned (at length) that discussions about philosophy and other fuzzy topics on mailing lists get very very long and add zero value to people who are interested in attending FOSDEM.
Yes I know. My question was about guidance for attendance, it was not a philosophical one. Since the previous quote about politics sounded like a rule for attendance, I wanted to know what about philosophy, and you answered me that the place for that was the beer event. So I think the question perfectly fits this mailing list... I also want to keep it low traffic. cheers Boriss
Save it for the beer event.
- Philip
participants (8)
-
Boriss Mejias -
Christophe Vandeplas -
Florian Schießl -
Frank Van Damme -
Joost Ringoot -
Ludovic Hirlimann -
Mathieu Laurent -
Philip Paeps