Karlheinz Geyer ha scritto:
What should I have to do to allow caff sending emails?
Mhm, caff relies on a "smarthost" MTA somehow. How about installing "postfix" on your machine? Maybe there are other solutions around to fix this, but unfortunately i am not aware of these, sorry :(
Karlheinz, I appreciate your effort and your support but I think I won't be able to go further. That's a pity because after so much time (and cold) spent at signing party, now I'm stick with this stupid issue. Thank you again Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen -- Marco Cavallini
On freed 13 Febrewaris 2009, Marco Cavallini [KOAN] wrote:
Karlheinz Geyer ha scritto:
What should I have to do to allow caff sending emails?
Mhm, caff relies on a "smarthost" MTA somehow. How about installing "postfix" on your machine? Maybe there are other solutions around to fix this, but unfortunately i am not aware of these, sorry :(
Karlheinz, I appreciate your effort and your support but I think I won't be able to go further. That's a pity because after so much time (and cold) spent at signing party, now I'm stick with this stupid issue.
I sent this to the list before but it seems to have disappeared. How to send email with caff without using the local mailer is explained in the caff(1) man page: mailer-send [array] Parameters to pass to Mail::Mailer. This could for example be $CONFIG{'mailer-send'} = [ 'smtp', Server => 'mail.server', Auth => ['user', 'pass'] ]; to use the perl SMTP client or $CONFIG{'mailer-send'} = [ 'sendmail', '-o8' ]; to pass arguments to the sendmail program. For more information run "perldoc Mail::Mailer". Setting this option is strongly discouraged. Fix your local MTA instead. Default: none. Thijs
Thank you again
Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen -- Marco Cavallini _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
participants (2)
-
Marco Cavallini [KOAN] -
Thijs Kinkhorst