Hi all, Newbie on the list. First of all thank you the wonderful videos done so far. I have been enjoying them thoroughly. I am also awaiting the last batch of videos as well. Especially http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xS4F779fg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWQQawLWUc I do have another question, would it be possible to have a debian directory/sub-directory at http://video.fosdem.org/2012/crossdistro/ where all debian-related talks are placed. Thank you again. -- Regards, Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:43:14PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
Hi all, Newbie on the list. First of all thank you the wonderful videos done so far. I have been enjoying them thoroughly. I am also awaiting the last batch of videos as well. Especially
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
I do have another question, would it be possible to have a debian directory/sub-directory at http://video.fosdem.org/2012/crossdistro/ where all debian-related talks are placed.
I'd rather not. Yes, some talks in the cross-distro devroom were Debian-specific. However, there were talks that were by Debian-developers on things they've been working on in Debian, without being Debian-specific. Where should those go? Also, all the talks that have been uploaded so far have a link on their schedule page: if you go to the schedule, click on a talk and read the description, there will be a link "Video recording" that you can click on. This link is directly to the webm file. That way, you can just browse the schedule for all talks that interest you, and easily watch them. Regards, -- The volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z can be described by the following formula: pi zz a
at bottom :- 2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:43:14PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
Hi all, Newbie on the list. First of all thank you the wonderful videos done so far. I have been enjoying them thoroughly. I am also awaiting the last batch of videos as well. Especially
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
Hi Wouter, Yes, you are correct. They are from the 2011 edition. I did see the schedules and saw the three channels in http://video.fosdem.org/2011/ as well as checked out the schedules http://archive.fosdem.org/2011/schedule/ and the various tracks and sub-tracks. I'm sure its listed in one of the events but its not there in the video archive (or perhaps its there but am not able to recognize it.) It would be nice if somebody is able to point it out. I did find some interesting videos to download and view at the same time, so thanx for that. -- Regards, Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
Funnily enough, I checked youtube for the 2012 videos last week. While the X/Wayland related ones are there, with aggressive phoronix branding (as usual), the others are not. Is there any reason why [1] does not have all videos, especially the 2012 ones? More exposure is better and youtube is the de facto goto place for video online. I am sitting here with gbit to the desk, so if whoever has the password for that account is OK with sharing it, I would be willing to upload them over time. Richard [1] https://www.youtube.com/user/fosdemtalks
2012/3/14 Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com>:
2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
Funnily enough, I checked youtube for the 2012 videos last week. While the X/Wayland related ones are there, with aggressive phoronix branding (as usual), the others are not.
Is there any reason why [1] does not have all videos, especially the 2012 ones? More exposure is better and youtube is the de facto goto place for video online.
I'd also like to have all the 2012 video's on YouTube. In the past I have written a cli script to batch upload (and partially tag) the video's to our channel. So if the current staff can't find my documentation back on the wiki, or need help they'll know where to find me.
I am sitting here with gbit to the desk, so if whoever has the password for that account is OK with sharing it, I would be willing to upload them over time.
Richard
[1] https://www.youtube.com/user/fosdemtalks _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
Hey, Please consider that YouTube is exploding of commercial stuff, pop-up, picinpic commercials etc. YouTube is more and more the place where trolls and crappy videos are to find. And YouTube is not at all "free", bien en contraire! I propose to use Vimeo and I'm willing to offer the FOSDEM a PLUS account. Quality content goes to quality service, and I'm fine with paying a fair price for a good service. I'm brussels based and I'm also willing to upload and "channel" the videos for the FOSDEM team. (As state in the LT introduction, you are looking for help, guys, here I am :) Best @Imifos On 14/03/2012 11:05, Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
2012/3/14 Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com>:
2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them) Funnily enough, I checked youtube for the 2012 videos last week. While the X/Wayland related ones are there, with aggressive phoronix branding (as usual), the others are not.
Is there any reason why [1] does not have all videos, especially the 2012 ones? More exposure is better and youtube is the de facto goto place for video online. I'd also like to have all the 2012 video's on YouTube. In the past I have written a cli script to batch upload (and partially tag) the video's to our channel. So if the current staff can't find my documentation back on the wiki, or need help they'll know where to find me.
I am sitting here with gbit to the desk, so if whoever has the password for that account is OK with sharing it, I would be willing to upload them over time.
Richard
[1] https://www.youtube.com/user/fosdemtalks _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 18:14, <imifos@gmail.com> wrote:
Please consider that YouTube is exploding of commercial stuff, pop-up, picinpic commercials etc. YouTube is more and more the place where trolls and crappy videos are to find. And YouTube is not at all "free", bien en contraire!
Afaik, unless YouTube detects copyrighted material and puts ads on that. Alternatively, the uploader can enable ads. From what I know, they don't appear, otherwise. Trolls are not a consideration when it comes to FOSDEM videos, imo. Who would want to troll a technical talk unless they have an agenda in which case they will follow the content everywhere. The quality of random other videos irrelevant unless I am missing something.
I propose to use Vimeo and I'm willing to offer the FOSDEM a PLUS account. Quality content goes to quality service, and I'm fine with paying a fair price for a good service.
Does vimeo offer HTML5? Either way, why not use both? Richard
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:05:34AM +0100, Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
2012/3/14 Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com>:
2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
Funnily enough, I checked youtube for the 2012 videos last week. While the X/Wayland related ones are there, with aggressive phoronix branding (as usual), the others are not.
Is there any reason why [1] does not have all videos, especially the 2012 ones? More exposure is better and youtube is the de facto goto place for video online.
I'd also like to have all the 2012 video's on YouTube. In the past I have written a cli script to batch upload (and partially tag) the video's to our channel. So if the current staff can't find my documentation back on the wiki, or need help they'll know where to find me.
It's just a matter of "not forgetting". I have all the info, and I will do the upload, but I just forgot. I'll try to look at it tonight. -- The volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z can be described by the following formula: pi zz a
at bottom :- 2012/3/15 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:05:34AM +0100, Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
2012/3/14 Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com>:
2012/3/13 Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>:
These are from the 2011 edition, and should already be on video.fosdem.org (though I haven't checked; if I'm wrong about that, I can probably look into getting them)
Funnily enough, I checked youtube for the 2012 videos last week. While the X/Wayland related ones are there, with aggressive phoronix branding (as usual), the others are not.
Is there any reason why [1] does not have all videos, especially the 2012 ones? More exposure is better and youtube is the de facto goto place for video online.
I'd also like to have all the 2012 video's on YouTube. In the past I have written a cli script to batch upload (and partially tag) the video's to our channel. So if the current staff can't find my documentation back on the wiki, or need help they'll know where to find me.
It's just a matter of "not forgetting". I have all the info, and I will do the upload, but I just forgot.
I'll try to look at it tonight.
-- The volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z can be described by the following formula:
pi zz a
Dear Wouter, I went again after a week and still don't see the 2011 videos and both the videos are not there :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xS4F779fg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWQQawLWUc which are on :- a. Sharing package description between distributions and b. Configuration data upgrade during package upgrade I'm looking to download via the fosdem video download resource. -- Regards, Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
Hi guys, The LinuxFormat magazine wrote some short lines about FOSDEM. Who's interested can download it here. http://www.lucubratory.eu/res/LinuxFormat_FOSDEM2012.pdf Best, I
Hello FOSDEM people, the DEVOXX conference in Belgium is currently looking for speakers for a new track dedicated to topics like real-time ICT, robots, drones, Arduino, Kinects and gesture control, Raspberry PI, Smart Technologies of any kind, 3D printing and display technologies and much more. With over 3300 attendees in 2011 from over 40 countries, the DEVOXX is the biggest vendor-independent Java conference in the world. The 5 day conference will be held in Belgium in its 11th edition from 12th-16th of November 2012. In this new track, called Future<DEVOXX>, we would like to speak about technologies that are now what the C64 was 30 years ago, but also about what's outside of the "business as usual" of the classic (Java) developer. A link to Java is nice but not mandatory. If you like to know more, please have a look at our page http://future.devoxx.com. You can even get a first-hand introduction by our technologist in chief, our NAO robot :) And some links concerning the DEVOXX: http://devoxx.com http://future.devoxx.com DEVOXX Facts: http://future.devoxx.com/?page_id=79 Thank you and Cheers! @Imifos
2012/3/13 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
I do have another question, would it be possible to have a debian directory/sub-directory at http://video.fosdem.org/2012/crossdistro/ where all debian-related talks are placed.
I am a Debian person, but please don't. Richard
participants (5)
-
Christophe Vandeplas -
imifos@gmail.com -
Richard Hartmann -
shirish शिरीष -
Wouter Verhelst