Hi all, I'm trying to find a bed in a hostel for Friday and Saturday night (the 6th and 7th). Trying being the operative word. Can't seem to find any space anywhere. Why do I always leave these things too late?! If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know! Thanks, Allan
On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 15:54 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to find a bed in a hostel for Friday and Saturday night (the 6th and 7th). Trying being the operative word. Can't seem to find any space anywhere. Why do I always leave these things too late?!
If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know!
Have you tried http://www.booking.com ? HTH, /haubi/
Allan Day ha scritto:
Hi all,
I'm trying to find a bed in a hostel for Friday and Saturday night (the 6th and 7th). Trying being the operative word. Can't seem to find any space anywhere. Why do I always leave these things too late?!
If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know!
Allan, Seems that at IBIS or ACCOR hotels there is still place, price is not too high. http://www.accorhotels.com HTH Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen -- Marco Cavallini
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 16:54, Allan Day <allanpday@gmail.com> wrote: <cut>
If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know!
You can try couchsurfing.com. cheers, paul -- Free pdf books: http://www.linux-training.be
I am myself a CouchSurfer and found a host on Monday after sending 4 requests so it is easy! You may even find a host going to FOSDEM, checkout the meeting I created: http://www.couchsurfing.com/meetings.html?mid=21637 I have also setup a meeting for meeting at pub over a beer on Saturday evening so in case you are interested please check out the following URL: http://www.couchsurfing.com/meetings.html?mid=21651 Drop me a line in case you are interested and I can add you as guests! :) There is also hospitalityclub.org doing a similar concept to CouchSurfing. - Nicolas On 1/20/09, Paul Cobbaut <paul.cobbaut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 16:54, Allan Day <allanpday@gmail.com> wrote: <cut>
If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know!
You can try couchsurfing.com.
cheers, paul
-- Free pdf books: http://www.linux-training.be
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
If you really prefer a hostel over a hotel you might want to check the youth hostel in Leuven. It is located next to the railway station and the train will take you in about 20 minutes to Brussels central station (beer event and bus to fosdem). The main disadvantage: you will have to leave the friday beer event early enough to catch the last train at midnight (or take the first one at 4 ;-) ) http://www.vjh.be/ Johan On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Allan Day <allanpday@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to find a bed in a hostel for Friday and Saturday night (the 6th and 7th). Trying being the operative word. Can't seem to find any space anywhere. Why do I always leave these things too late?!
If anyone has a spare bed in a room, or knows somewhere that has space, do let me know!
Thanks,
Allan
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
Always a good idea to check the week before just in case there are cancellations.... http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/brel/aubergesbrel_en01.htm http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm http://www.sleepwell.be/ The Sleep Well hostel is particularly well known for it's ability to screw up everyone else's booking so that a bed might become available. -- Richard www.sheflug.org.uk
Thanks everyone for all the advice. Really really useful. I'd reiterate that both booking.com and www.accorhotels.comis are good places to look. In the end, I managed to get a cheap deal on a swank 4* hotel through lastminute.com. :) It's funny, since I was planning to stay in a hostel, but it really was the cheapest hotel room I could find in the centre. Now I just have to hope they don't kick me out for not being smart/sober enough. ;) Roll on FOSDEM! Allan On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 13:32 +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
Always a good idea to check the week before just in case there are cancellations....
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/brel/aubergesbrel_en01.htm http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm http://www.sleepwell.be/
The Sleep Well hostel is particularly well known for it's ability to screw up everyone else's booking so that a bed might become available.
participants (7)
-
Allan Day -
Johan Van de Wauw -
Marco Cavallini [KOAN] -
Michael Haubenwallner -
Nicolas Sahlqvist -
Paul Cobbaut -
Richard Ibbotson