Modified CACert cap pdf: still valid?
Hi, preparing things for the key signing party, I've downloaded the CACert cap form. Seeing that I should have added a lot of dates and othe info by hand, I opened pdfedit and modified the pdf to write down these info. I even signed the form pasting an image of a scan of my hand-written signature. After these modifications (see attachment) is the form still valid, or all of these informations must be hand-written? If it is not valid, can I remove just my signature, or I have to remove all the dates and the ID documents info, too? bye, Iacopo
hiy iacopo,
After these modifications (see attachment) is the form still valid, or all of these informations must be hand-written? If it is not valid, can I remove just my signature, or I have to remove all the dates and the ID documents info, too?
i would NEVER publish my signature ... ... and ... some assurers require the signature written by yourself ... while you're writing the signature ... ... so you can use the pdf ... but prepared that (for example I) want you to sign the sheet while i see that you sign it ... ;-) the simple problem is: if you get the official document (drivers licence, passport etc.) from somebody and copy the signature to the cap-formular (or sign the cap-formulars before the signing event), you _may_ try to fool me (being an assurer) ... if you try to copy the signature by hand and i see, that you 'copy' it from a password and not from your brain, i will not do the assurance ... ;-) have a nice day ...
On 1/24/09 11:32 AM, Iacopo Benesperi wrote:
Hi, preparing things for the key signing party, I've downloaded the CACert cap form. Seeing that I should have added a lot of dates and othe info by hand, I opened pdfedit and modified the pdf to write down these info. I even signed the form pasting an image of a scan of my hand-written signature. After these modifications (see attachment) is the form still valid, or all of these informations must be hand-written? If it is not valid, can I remove just my signature, or I have to remove all the dates and the ID documents info, too?
The document must be signed in front of the assurer. So adding a scanned version of your signature is completely forbidden. I can't imagine a legal document that's valid with a scanned signature. Everyone can make that, especially now you emailed it to everyone... The previous form had the possibility to be filled in digitally, so I don't think there are any objections for that. Check out the cacert.org website for all details. You should really read that ! -- Christophe Vandeplas cvandeplas@fosdem.org http://www.fosdem.org
participants (3)
-
Christophe Vandeplas -
dirk astrath -
Iacopo Benesperi