Hi, I'm wondering what is the nearest (or best) Youth Hostel for the FOSDEM event, and if it will be on in ULB this year again. I'm organising a trip for my Computer Society and this is our first time going. Regards, Nick
Nicholas
I'm wondering what is the nearest (or best) Youth Hostel for the FOSDEM event, and if it will be on in ULB this year again. I'm organising a trip for my Computer Society and this is our first time going.
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm both of the ones that are shown in Brussels are very good. I've used both of them for a long time. Breakfast can be a bit strange but they have a good bar with some excellent Belgian beer and the croque monsieur isn't too bad. Regards -- Richard www.sheflug.org.uk http://sheflug.wordpress.com/
Richard Ibbotson wrote:
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm
both of the ones that are shown in Brussels are very good. I've used both of them for a long time. Breakfast can be a bit strange but they have a good bar with some excellent Belgian beer and the croque monsieur isn't too bad.
Can you remember off hand how far away it is? One of our travellers who is hoping to go is in a wheelchair, so close proximity is a must. Also, does anyone know how far of a walk (or public transport) it is from the Charleroi airport bus stop? Thanks a million, Nick
Nick
Can you remember off hand how far away it is? One of our travellers who is hoping to go is in a wheelchair, so close proximity is a must.
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/brel/aubergesbrel_en01.htm if you stop here you get the 93 or 94 tram over to the University. http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm if you stop here it's either the Metro or the tram with a few changes. I can relate the whole thing to you but it's going to take a very long time to put it over on a public list :)
Also, does anyone know how far of a walk (or public transport) it is from the Charleroi airport bus stop?
A search with Google reveals... http://www.charleroi-airport.com/doc.php?nd=1100&tid=100&site=1&... -- Richard www.sheflug.org.uk http://sheflug.wordpress.com
On 2007-07-31 20:36:56 (+0100), Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you remember off hand how far away it is? One of our travellers who is hoping to go is in a wheelchair, so close proximity is a must.
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/brel/aubergesbrel_en01.htm
if you stop here you get the 93 or 94 tram over to the University.
Note that some Brussels trams are not optimized for wheelchairs. The newer trams are all wheelchair-proof but many of the older ones are not. I don't know about the ratio of old:new trams on line 93/94 but I'll try to find out. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. hundred-and-one symptoms of being an internet addict: 80. At parties, you introduce your spouse as your "service provider."
On 2007-07-31 20:14:50 (+0100), Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@gmail.com> wrote:
Nicholas
I'm wondering what is the nearest (or best) Youth Hostel for the FOSDEM event, and if it will be on in ULB this year again. I'm organising a trip for my Computer Society and this is our first time going.
http://www.laj.be/html/en/hostels/europe/aubergeseurope_en01.htm
both of the ones that are shown in Brussels are very good.
They're also both HI hostels, so HI members will (probably) get discounts too. If your group is larger than ten people, it's definitely a good idea to book through HI. <http://www.hihostels.com/groups/faq.en.htm> Booking early probably helps too (though six months ahead of time might be a bit excessive ;-)). - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. The radiologists' national flower is the hedge.
On 2007-07-31 19:47:04 (+0100), Nicholas Geoghegan <number6@compsoc.nuigalway.ie> wrote:
if it will be on in ULB this year again.
There's only one FOSDEM a year. :-) Next FOSDEM will be end of February 2008. The exact dates are on fosdem.org. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. Q. Will you be answering annon Q's before the exam? A. Looks like it. -- Tim Hopkins on the CO504 anonymous questions page
participants (3)
-
Nicholas Geoghegan -
Philip Paeps -
Richard Ibbotson