Good catch Dan, indeed, touch devices are bad, and I know we have had a few visually impaired people at infodesk before. I know that sometimes touch devices do sometimes come with a tactile overlay template that can be used, but you need to be careful not to lose them and apply them correctly. You'd also need to check if we'd receive those with the terminals. Good old buttons is always the best bet, even if they are "not as fancy and modern". Thx, Kristian ________________________________ From: Dan Clark <dan@fosdem.org> Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2023 2:49:21 PM To: Pieter De Praetere <pieter@fosdem.org>; Gerry Demaret <gerry@fosdem.org>; Kristian Schuhmacher <kristian@fosdem.org>; jonas <jonas@fosdem.org>; Dan Clark <dan@fosdem.org>; Geert Goossens <geert@fosdem.org>; Richard Hartmann <richih@fosdem.org>; michael@fosdem.org <michael@fosdem.org>; Mark Van den Borre <mark@fosdem.org>; Jan Gyselinck <jgyselinck@fosdem.org> Cc: FOSDEM Infodesk <infodesk@fosdem.org>; FOSDEM Equipment <equipment@fosdem.org> Subject: Re: PoS for on-site tshirt/hoodie sales We need to be a bit careful about which reader to get. Those purely touch-screen ones aren't usable by blind users as there's nothing tactile for them to be able to enter their pin (recent news article: https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fdisability-67239870&data=05%7C02%7C%7Cd220905168c84727771508dbff0f5c55%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638384213665131872%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=lNfEAXwIPgPktZWfBRY5ZxGYVYPFqdS%2BRY6oUI%2BMzhc%3D&reserved=0<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-67239870> ). I see Mollie also seem to do one that has a physical keypad that might be better? Dan On 08/12/2023 20:02, Pieter De Praetere wrote:
We the procurers of equipment are indeed. We are however yet to have a reply from Mollie. It should be these ones: https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mollie.com%2Fproducts%2Fpayments-terminal&data=05%7C02%7C%7Cd220905168c84727771508dbff0f5c55%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638384213665131872%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=AQJ%2FMxtuEpzTYDvu7en5v28ZmP%2FHNqgfSkBjn1HIcgk%3D&reserved=0<https://www.mollie.com/products/payments-terminal>
They have an API, and from my first glance at it, a simple and well-documented one. So either this is a dream (remember that technically, nightmares are also dreams) or something is lurking beneath the surface ;-) Either way, I don't know if it is feasible or desired to integrate the POS with the Terminals directly. If not, I am willing to make a simple 1-page-app so our trusted volunteers can enter whatever amount they would like the esteemed client to pay.
Given by our hand on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in the second year of the 135th interdict in the parish of Saint-Gertrudis in Wetteren and affixed with the small seal.
Pieter
Op 8/12/2023 om 20:08 schreef Gerry Demaret:
On 2023-11-21 17:09, Kristian Schuhmacher wrote:
Thought, opinions, brainwaves, lightbulbs?
Hi Kristian,
I was wondering if you had made a decision on which way to go? We'll probably need to figure things out soon.
As said in some earlier thread which I can't find; whatever you decide is fine with me, as long as it works and you're happy with it.
(added infodesk@ for archival purposes and equipment@ as they (Pieter) is dealing with payment terminals)
Gerry _______________________________________________ equipment mailing list equipment@lists.fosdem.org https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.fosdem.org%2Flistinfo%2Fequipment&data=05%7C02%7C%7Cd220905168c84727771508dbff0f5c55%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638384213665131872%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=SGG%2FXwIbBUAmZ3%2BaDocIFfsl2bsWO%2Frckprv9CH8Fro%3D&reserved=0<https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/equipment>