Hi all, I hope this email finds you well. As you probably know, the next edition of FOSDEM will be a fully online conference and the CFP is now open for the DevRoom to register and will close in just a couple of days. I've been thinking a lot about this, and I don't think the format suits us well. One of the most important aspects of the Java DevRoom is the face to face meetings and discussions that happen in the corridors and during the dinner, the content has a rather fair share of significance (otherwise we wouldn't do it!) of course, but the human contact the value of our DevRoom in particular (in a context as fantastic as FOSDEM) is what has made Java progress over the years, tied relationships and created new sources of discussion. There's of course also the aspect of helping the conference deliver great content, after all we have been part of FOSDEM for years, it wasn't just a place where to go for our own stuff detached from the rest, and for that I am grateful to the organisers. For this reason, rather than unilaterally decide about this and in the spirit of Open Source I would like some comments. For full transparency, I do think we should pass this round. Cheers, Mario -- pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/ OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/ Please, support open standards: http://endsoftpatents.org/