29 Oct
2018
29 Oct
'18
9:39 a.m.
Abstract: If you know what a 486 is, then you most probably know Doom(IDKFA, IDDQD). If you don't...then shame on you! Fast-forward a decade, and Doom 3 is released! Fast-forward another decade, and Doom 3 is open sourced!! Fast-forward a couple of years, and some moron starts porting Doom 3 to Java(free java even)!!! *ahem*...I don't remember the exact reason why I started the project, but I think I was just curious. And to be fair, I thought I would be done in like 6 months. So this talk will be a short overview of the status of ~4 years of development, highlighting some of the . biggest problems(and surprises) of redeveloping a game of this scale and complexity, in Java... Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
2904
Age (days ago)
2904
Last active (days ago)
0 comments
1 participants
participants (1)
-
Blackbeard334